Bookings at Highland Annexe are subject to the following terms and conditions.
January 2021 COVID exceptions to the terms below:
- In the event that you are not able to join us at The Annexe due to a local (to us or you) or national lockdown or other tiered travel restrictions, we will offer to move your dates, issue a credit note or refund you in full. We will always leave the choice to you but please give thought that we are a small business and a refund is the hardest solution for us. Please book in confidence and rest assured that we are responsible owners.
- A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when payment is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start, then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 6 weeks before the holiday, then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations, including COVID track and trace requests or a positive test result, as with any illness we would expect travel insurance to cover a loss in the event you or one of your party test positive or are asked to isolate. If you choose not to take travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation. The only exception to this is COVID travel restrictions which are covered by the exception above.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 5 persons (4 as standard and 1 extra child with prior written agreement) and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property and garden at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Occupation can normally commence at 4.00pm unless otherwise agreed in advance and guests are required to vacate the rental by 10.00am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned, sanitised and prepared for incoming guests.
- Vaping or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at the expense of you.
- Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any unreasonable loss or damage.
- Bath towels are not beach towels!
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
Please note that if any keys issued and the gate remote (if applicable) are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The property is serviced by a septic tank. Do not put anything but toilet paper down the toilet and please don’t pour fat down the sink. It causes us significant issues if the septic tanks ceases to function!
- The guest may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building.
No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service.
- The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- All inventory items must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
- Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision.
- Dogs are welcome at Highland Annexe with prior agreement and inclusion on the booking form. Any additional pets that are brought and are not included on the booking form will incur an additional charge, or may result in the termination of the holiday let contract.
- Dogs are not allowed to be left in the house unaccompanied at any time. Guests are responsible for any damage or soiling by their pets and we will make an additional charge if the property is found to have damage or be excessively dirty on check out.
- Dogs are only allowed on the sofa with a throw as the sofa is leather and may be damaged by claws, please bring throws with you for your dogs.
- We understand that dogs like to sleep on the bed at night but please use a throw at all times.
- Please respect that this is our family home and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 10 pm and 7 am.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Candles are not allowed inside the house.
- Any problem or complaint which the guest may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after the guest has returned from holiday will not be considered by us.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
- Please ensure you have a lovely time!