Please use the below to check availability for your required dates and view any special offers we have running. We will always discount for low occupancy and longer stays as both lead to a reduction in running costs. We pass this saving onto our guests.
Please note payment is by bank transfer or PayPal (PayPal payment incurs a small fee).
COVID UPDATE –
Guests will be fully reimbursed, offered to book an alternative date or take a voucher that can be used in the future for any booking missed due to covid travel restrictions/lockdown in your area or ours. You choose the solution that works best for you and we will honour it.
Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
The ‘owner’, ‘we’ and ‘us’ refers to Daniel and Maggs (Margaret) Clarke.
▪ A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when payment is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
Bookings at Highland Annexe are subject to the following terms and conditions.
▪ A non-refundable £100 deposit of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be paid in full, plus the £100 refundable damage deposit.
▪ The balance must be paid no later than 8 weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and you will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
▪ All cancellations must be notified in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 4 weeks before it is due to start, then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 4 weeks before the holiday, then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
▪ We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
▪ Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
▪ No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 6 persons (4 as standard and 2 extra with prior written agreement) and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
▪ Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
▪ The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
▪ We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property and garden at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
▪ Tenancies normally commence at 4.00pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the rental by 10.00am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
▪ Pets, vaping or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
▪ Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. A security deposit of £100 may be required and will be returned within 3 days of the end of your holiday, less the cost of damage/breakages.
▪ Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage.
▪ Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
▪ Please remove shoes before entering the house.
▪ Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the
▪ Please make sure you switch off lights, heating or any electrical
appliances when you go out – we’re an eco-friendly holiday home.
▪ Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the beach.
▪ The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional
cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable
▪ Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your
stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
▪ The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
▪ The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building.
▪ No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service.
▪ The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
▪ All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
▪ Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision.
▪ Please park your vehicles in front of the double garage, ensuring cars do not block access to the main house entrance. Parking is limited to 2 vehicles.
▪ Please respect that this is our family home and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 10 pm and 7 am.
▪ We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
▪ Candles are not allowed inside the house.
▪ Any problem or complaint which the guest may have concerning their
holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after the guest has returned from holiday will not be considered by the us.
▪ We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
▪ This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
▪ Please ensure you have a lovely time!